The HP line is built around the same patented technology, and offers all the same features and benefits as the standard ProStrainer but with a modified body. The fully round body allows for high pressures of up to 12,000 GPM on large water applications. Now there is no job too big or small for our strainers to handle. In addition the HP units incorporate half round baskets with a cone diverter design that allows for even more open area and holding capacity. HP offers flange sizes up to 26 inches.
- High pressure design
- Up to 24" flanges
- All stainless steel components
- Smallest industry footprint
- Light weight
- Lowest profile for easiest strainer retrofitting
- Open area ratios beat competitors by 400 %
- Open area rations as high as 93 to 1
- Clog free by-pass design
- Automatically balanced uniform directional flow
- Easy out baskets
- Low profile adjustable alignment mounting system for perfect face piping match up
- Promotes highest industry NPSH for improved pump performance
- Basket access in less than 5 seconds
- Multiple flow paths reduce chances for major flow blockage by large debris
- Improves pump performance and saves on operating and maintenance costs
- Low profile with adjustable pump alignment
- Adjustable draw latch lid clamping system
- See-through lid provides easy inspection
- Gasket material in neoprene, EPDM or Viton
- 1/4 " strainer screen openings
- Dual influent connections
- Dual effluent pump connections
- Automatic air evacuator
- Adjustable pump mounting kits
- Direct mount most pumps
- Automatic cleaning
- Gauge ports
- VanStone style flange connections
- Strainer Body: Shall be constructed entirely of stainless steel 304L not less than 1/8” in thickness. The unit shall be equipped with a ___” influent connection and a ___” effluent connection. The open area ratio of the influent pipe cross sectional area compared to the area of the opening in the baskets shall not be less than _____ to 1.
- Fabrication / Welding: The welding process shall be T.I.G. All parts shall be fitted and welded in accordance with approved standard practices defined by the American Welding Society regulations regarding the TIG welding of stainless steel. The assembly shall be sealed and purged with argon or other gas as approved by the AWS. Filler rod shall be 308 stainless steel or better.
- Face Piping: The influent and effluent nipples and flanges will be 304L stainless steel. The flanges shall be not less than .250” in thickness with the bolt hole pattern to match ANSI standards in size, dimension, amount and location. The nipple portion shall be rolled to the standard ANSI pipe diameter and seam welded. The nipple shall be inserted 1/8” of a inch into the flange and a continuous sealing weld shall be applied to connect the two together.
- Lid: The lid shall be a minimum of 1” thick transparent acrylic sheet.
- Lid Bezel: The lid bezel shall be fabricated from one piece of 11 gauge stainless steel type 304L. The bezel shall be mechanically fastened to the lid with not less than 20 stainless steel allen head screws.
- Gasket: The gasket material shall be premium grade EPDM, Viton or neoprene. Gasket shall be .25” high by .25” wide and its outside dimension shall conform uniformly with the dimensions of the lid receptor area.
- Latching: Strainer shall include a lid securing system comprised of stainless steel draw latches with a maximum working pressure of 1500 PSI each and a burst pressure rating of 2100 PSI. Each latch body shall be T IG welded to the body of the ProStrainer. There shall be not less than ______ such latches to provide even and consistent realignment when the lid assembly is re-closed. Each draw latch shall be pressure adjustable and locking mechanism which are field adjustable. Each of these features shall be accomplishable without the use of tools.
- Drain Assembly: Shall include one FPT half coupling welded to the central lowest point on the strainer body to serve as a winterizing drain and clean out plug. There shall be a threaded brass or stainless plug screwed into it which is accessed and serviced from inside the strainer body.
- Mounting Bracket: The strainer shall have and integral mounting bracket formed into a right angle and welded to the bottom of the strainer body. This angle shall extend to the edge of the widest portion of the strainer on each side. It shall have holes predrilled in its on both its horizontal and vertical planes to accept mounting hardware.
- Baskets: Shall be 304L perforated stainless steel mesh and frame with 1/4” perforations and not less than 79% open area per square foot. Each strainer basket shall have a retractable stainless steel handle 3/8” diameter to conserve space and improve strainer efficiency. There shall be not less than two internal baskets per strainer.
- Service Factor: Due to superior open area ratios, superior holding capacity, typical installation stress factors, torque, pipe hammer, corrosion and erosion related to excessive fluid velocity, strainers constructed of cast iron, coated cast iron, PVC and fiberglass will not be acceptable or considered as equal. The ProStrainerTM Model number shall be PS_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ as manufactured by ProFlo Inc. Littleton, CO 80127 , 303-972-9144.
- All strainers should be installed on pump suction lines only with Non Surge Loads. Higher pressure ratings units are available.
- Recommended flow rates are based on maximum influent velocity not to exceed 6 FPS, or local codes if less, with a clean pressure drop of .8 PSI.
- Do not exceed pipe manufacturers' maximum recommended flow rates
- Custom strainers and increased holding capacities are available upon request. Consult the factor applications engineering department for assistance.
- Automatic backwash is available upon request for severe loading applications such as ponds or fountains or for remote locations where minimal service is preferred.
- * means consult factory.
- This document may need corrections.
- Manufacturer reserves the right to change and improve products without prior notice.